Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing blog

During these editing day(s) we actually got to work! The laptops came in and we got straight to work. We had two days to edit. But since barely anyone in our class got it done. Our teacher gave us an extra day to edit. We still have to do some editing on Friday after our lesson but it’s not that much. With the two full class periods we edited in, we got a ton done. During the first day, I found music and started to edit. Finding the right music for the commercial was tough. I had to find something that matched the intensity of the shots.
This meant sifting through websites and listening to almost all the sounds. It took me most of the period to find. After I found the right music, I downloaded it to the school’s computer. To transfer it from the schools pc to the laptop, I put it on a drive and then onto the laptop. When we put the music in, I imported it. I imported it to pinocle studio. The import took very long, considering it was a music file, but not as long as the video. The music stopped right when the slogan I put in started so, it was perfect! We added all the voiceovers and cut all the clips. I went through and deleted or moved the clips that didn’t make sense where they were.
When I went through all the clips, most of them were unusable. A lot of them had people talking or too much of a blur. Some of the clips just didn’t make sense in the commercial at all. We had filmed a long shot of our actors running but that had made one of the scenes way too long. It was reasons like that that we cut out most of the clips. I went through the audio and decided which to use and then edited them in. I also finished the split screen and added the best clips to use in it. We really only have touch ups to do on Friday. Items such as having to trim shots down so we can match the time limit are needed. I’m very excited to see how me and my team have done! I’m also very excited to see what everyone else in our class did for theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment