Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Editing the commercial

Today in AICE media, we couldn’t do our editing. The computers are broken and the editing software isn’t functioning properly. Last class, though, we did get some editing it. During that class, I went out and re-filmed some scenes and then came back in to edit. During that editing time, I helped trying to make the split screen. We had to call our teacher over because we couldn’t figure it out. Even she couldn’t get it to work properly. She did, though, teach me and my group how to do a split screen so that’s good. I also started to plan out what to do next class. We will start to edit on the school laptops because the computers aren’t working, like I’ve said.
When we get the laptops, we will start editing again. My plan for the editing is to import it to the computer and make the split screen work so far. I will also add the audios in and cut all the clips to make them line up! We will add the music in too and make everything coherent. Last class, we imported all the video clips along with the audio clips. Once we found out the computers weren’t functioning, we put them onto our google drives. We also e-mailed them to ourselves so make sure we do actually have them. When we actually edit stuff, we import the files from the back ups. Because one of our members has her own SD card, we probably won’t have to use them but it’s called back up for a reason! I’m really excited to see our finishing project!
As for the actual editing, we will hopefully start by next class
I’m a bit upset about the deadlines not matching up because of our schools computers. I really wanted to start on the music video but that might be delayed too. This is upsetting because I wanted to get to the editing as fast as possible but it seems that’s going to be rough to do. I hope that the editing goes quicker then the filming did. We have a lot to do so that may be a problem in the long run. I’m super excited to see how the filming looks when it’s all put together! We’ ll keep in mind that it’s our first time filming and editing our own film so if it’s a little bad then whatever. When we get in the next class, we’ll get to editing ASAP. I hope the laptops will be working next class so we can get some work down. I’m very excited to get editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment