Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming the commercial

During the filming process I was co-director and camera person. I helped figure out where to put the camera to get the best shot. I also helped film some shots like the tracking shot, and all the low angle shots. I helped get props to the actors during one clip shots. I also assisted some of the audio clips. The ones I helped with were the drinking sounds and the slogan for it. I helped co-direct along side one of my group mates. During that stage, I helped produce the storyboard and the scenes of the film. I also helped with what scene should go where and when. I came up with our fake slogan for Gatorade which is “get yourself some Gatorade!”
I helped decide what music to put into the commercial. I also helped research some stuff to put into the video like the props, editing style and more! During filming, I brought the props out and helped set the camera in the correct spots. I also made sure there were no people in the shots and no people talking in the audio shots. I helped carry the equipment out on the second day. On the days we filmed it was hot and humid. There were a lot of people outside with us because we all thought it would be best to film on the field instead of in the school itself. We did have plans if it rained that day which luckily it did not. Those plans were to film on the stairs and in the halls! Though that wouldn’t have been ideal, that would have worked.
As I said before, we filmed on a hot day so we all got sunburnt and it was very hot out. So on the second day, we brought our waters out along with all the props and camera stuff. When we filmed on the first day, some shots were lost so on the second day we had to go out and re-shoot those ones. Those shots included all the audio films, the tracking shot, and a few more. When we went out the second time, there were less people outside since almost everyone went inside to edit. So the second filming day went better and we got all the shots redone in a half  hour. During the second day, I carried the camera outside and filmed many shots. Those shots include the audio shots, some of the race shots and the drinking scenes. Since we only had two bottles of Gatorade, I used water to make the Drinking audio. I had so much fun making this commercial so far! Im excited to see how my next project goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment