Thursday, April 2, 2020

Re-editing blog 1

This week, I started to do re-editing. Since nobody in my team took the whole film home, I had to work from scratch. Luckily, we had uploaded the raw footage to one of our google drives. Since I already have editing software on my laptop, I decided to take re-editing what we had into my own hands. I started with downloading all the videos that I wanted to include. I also downloaded some I thought I might want to use. Then, I uploaded them into the software to edit. I got out my storyboard so I could follow it. When going through the footage, I noticed some of the videos were a bit too dark. I'm going to re-shoot those but for the meantime, I just put them in as placeholders. Starting with trimming the footage, I got the time down to 1:40 seconds. Which is good and bad. This mean I might have to take some scenes out or cut them if we want all of the clips in. I had to look up the audio again. Luckily, I remembered the studio and song name so it was fairly easy to find. I downloaded and placed it in the software. I had to adjust a few things for the audio to fit but other than that, it all went well. I put some place-holders in and started on the titles. I went through a lot of colors, transitions and fonts until I settled on one I liked. Since the software I was using before and the one I was using are different, they had different fonts. It was fun to play around with the colors too. I settled on a red color and a fade in transition. I plan on replacing the footage I didn't like soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment